Reclaim Protocol - Bringing Web2 Identity to Web3
Reclaim Protocol makes https traffic verifiable using Zero-Knowledge Proofs, enabling users to generate verifiable credentials from any of their online user profiles. This unlocks unlimited possibilities as no APIs are required to extract the data or no changes to be made to the websites, while guaranteeing data integrity.Web2 user data which was elusive to Web3
till now will be available across dapps on Cartesi.Dapp developers can leverage Reclaim protocol to build multiple use cases related to KYC, sybil resistance, proof of personhood, etc on top of Cartesi.
Reclaim empowers users to generate Zero-Knowledge Proofs for any online user profile. To generate a claim, users first need to log into the relevant website. This login process, involving an HTTPS request and its subsequent response, is channeled through an HTTPS Proxy Server known as an ‘attestor’. This attestor oversees the encrypted data exchange between the user and the website. Subsequently, users provide keys that disclose non-sensitive parts of the request to the attestor. With this, the attestor can view the request in its entirety, barring confidential details like authentication data, and can confirm its legitimacy.
The website’s encrypted response is then processed by a zk-circuit, which identifies a regex match within the encrypted data using a decryption key as a confidential input. The attestor further validates that the zk-circuit’s public input was indeed the encrypted data sourced from the website. With these attestations on both the request and the encrypted response, coupled with the zk-proof, any third-party application, whether on-chain or off-chain, can verify the existence of data that exists on the user’s profile.
User credentials in Reclaim Protocol are generated and stored completely on the client side. Using Reclaim, users can generate Proofs(Groth16) in less than 10 secs even on a 2015 Android Device!
Grant Proposal - Integrate Reclaim with Cartesi
As part of this proposal, we will implement the following:
- Research Cartesi core protocol, its design, architecture and share implementation specification documents with the Cartesi team for feedback and comments
- Integrate Reclaim Protocol with Cartesi
- Create documentation to help builders in the Cartesi ecosystem on using Reclaim SDK in their dapps
- A blog post and podcast to detail Reclaim protocol and its benefits to Cartesi
Benefits to Cartesi
1. Enhanced Interoperability:
- By allowing Dapps on Cartesi to access data from Web2 platforms, we can significantly expand the range of applications and use cases that can be developed on Cartesi, especially those focussed around KYC, sybil resistance, proof of personhood, thus driving significant ecosystem growth. Morever, Reclaim Protocol can facilitate more intricate cross-chain interactions by allowing user data to flow securely and privately between Cartesi and other chains, enhancing Cartesi’s position in the multi-chain universe.
2. Privacy-Preserving Data Access:
- Reclaim’s ability to facilitate access to off-chain data with user consent and cryptographic assurance of data integrity aligns with Cartesi’s commitment to user-centricity and security.
3. Enabling Novel Dapps and Use-Cases:
- By facilitating access to off-chain user data, Reclaim Protocol can enable the development of new, innovative use cases on Cartesi, such as Gaming IDs, P2P onramp/offramp, Gossip marketplaces, or social Dapps that utilize user data from Web2 platforms.
4. Enhanced Developer Mindshare:
- By facilitating new and unique use cases that leverage off-chain data, Reclaim protocol will attract a broader developer community to Cartesi, enriching its ecosystem and increasing its competitive edge
Reclaim will also uniquely benefit from Cartesi’s high throughput and rapid finality, ensuring that off-chain data can be utilized in Dapps with minimal latency, providing real-time, seamless experiences for users. The combination of Cartesi’s developer-friendly environment and Reclaim Protocol’s innovative data access capabilities creates a unique partnership that will empower developers to build next-generation Dapps that can seamlessly and securely integrate off-chain and on-chain data.
Grant Request Overview
- Project Kickoff & grant approval - $5,000
- Reclaim Cartesi Integration - $30,000
- Comprehensive documentation, blog posts, and community calls within the Cartesi ecosystem - $5,000
- 2 Dapps within the Cartesi ecosystem integrating Reclaim protocol - $10,000
To accomplish the milestones outlined above, the entire project will require 1 Project Manager, 3 Developers, 1 Dev Relations Lead, and 1 Integration Support Developer.
Integration - 3 Developers * 80 hrs * $125 = $30,000
Project Manager - 80 hrs * $120 ~ $10,000
Dev Relations & Post Integration Support - 2 * 50 hrs * $100 = $10,000
We will offer the Cartesi ecosystem ongoing development support for three months post-integration led by Integration Support Developer and provided by Reclaim Protocol.
Additionally, after the integration is successfully complete, we’ll require assistance from the Cartesi team for joint marketing efforts to increase Reclaim’s visibility among developers and encourage developers to build novel use cases on top of Cartesi using Reclaim. Some of the use cases can be from the following - Usecases to build using Reclaim | Reclaim Protocol Official Blog
Demo - Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom
Website - https://www.reclaimprotocol.org/
Whitepaper - Reclaim whitepaper Sept21.pdf - Google Drive
Current Focus Areas
With Reclaim protocol now live on production, we are working towards helping reputed ecosystems such as Cartesi that are exploring identity solutions build stronger infrastructure and subsequently, fast forward their growth.
Working with experienced and high-quality Dapp developers to integrate or build novel use cases using Reclaim Protocol. Some of the examples include decentralized P2P exchange, which has already done $70,000 in volumes in just three weeks, Whistleblower, and Cupid Coin
Perfecting Developer Experience - Providing a seamless Reclaim integration experience to external developers and users using Reclaim by streamlining various touchpoints such as developer documentation, SDKs, developer journey, user journey etc.
Reclaim Protocol is built by the team at CreatorOS Inc. We are a 35+ member engineering and web3 product development & research team including ZKP researchers and with previous affiliations to Stanford, Microsoft, Meta and Google . We have also built - Questbook.app, an industry leading on-chain grants management tool that is used by some of the major L1/L2s including Polygon, Solana, Compound, Arbitrum, Ton, among others. CreatorOS is a YC W21 company.
Madhavan Malolan : CEO
- Building in crypto since 2016.
- Among first 5 contributors to Plasma (ethereum scaling solution) specifications.
- Open source contributor.
- ex-Microsoft, Computer Science IIIT-H.
Abhilash Inumella : Co-founder, Leads Product
- Building in Crypto since 2019.
- ex-CEO of Samosa Labs (10M users, funded by Sequoia, Xiaomi).
- Ex-Google, Ex-Facebook, Computer Science IIIT-H.
Max Allman, Mechanism Design Researcher
- PhD from Stanford in Mechanism Design and Game Theory
- Co- author of the Reclaim Whitepaper
Kirill Kutsenok, Cryptography & Security Researcher
Adhiraj Singh: Lead Developer
Sweta Shaw: Developer Relations
Aleksai Ermishkin: Lead Blockchain Developer